Dog Fitness Green Initiatives
Pant & Wag (PAW) is dedicated to a healthy and safe environment. Clean air may be even more important for dogs than it is for humans; a dog's normal respiratory rate is 18-34 breaths per minute while an adult human's rate is only 12-20 breaths per minute. Since dog's take more breaths, they inhale more pollutants and more CO2. Additionally, the canine's primary cooling-down method of panting is known to not be as effective as human's sweating mechanism. As such, the warming of the earth could potentially have more adverse effects for dogs than for humans.
PAW has launched the following eco-friendly green initiatives:
- Paperless Communications - both internal and external forms, guides, bill payments/receivables, and instructions are presented in a paperless/electronic medium whenever possible.
- Biodegradable Poop Bags - Yes, dogs poop. And when they do, we are prepared! Our biodegradable poop bags meet ASTM D6400 standard, which means after they are used they will decompose at a similar rate to that of an apple core. While dog poop might sound like a small issue it is a major environmental concern-click here for more information.
- Eco-Friendly Dog Leashes - Pant & Wag uses the Premier ECO Dog Leash, made of 100% recycled Plastic Milk Cartons.
- Professional Cleaning from Eco-Harmony - While the great majority of our Fitness Adventures are outside, in the rare cases we need to move inside, our administrative office is professionally cleaned in a healthy and environmentally friendly fashion by Eco-Harmony Services. This means your dog will never be exposed to toxic cleaning chemicals or harsh fumes.
- Canine Caravan - Your dog will be transported to and from his Fitness Adventure in a Ford Transit Connect, which features best in class fuel efficiency or other fuel efficient minivan. Click here for more information.